Thursday, April 5, 2012

Take a step back in time to the South Pacific, Pearl harbour circa 1941. To the sounds of the big band and war time rationing. To a time when the ladies wore victory rolls and red lipstick, seamed stockings and girdles... 
last week we had such a stunning shoot at the SADF Museum with the ladies. There was so much to look at I was beside myself - literally got goose bumps walking through the museum, then later in the hanger I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
We were lucky enough to have the use of an authentic airforce jacket from the 40's for a few pics which was AMAZING!

The Fly cap was made by Miss Happ from a vintage pattern that I had managed to source - I found out yesterday that it's an American fly cap from WWII. I had made it in two different colurs and fabrics, and added contrast piping. We had also borrowed a badge from the museum to finish it off properly.



I had spent the last two days making up a special military inspired corset from a lovely khaki wool, also had the perfect anchor buttons, that I was told by the museum curator yesterday where actually the authentic navy buttons! Little did I know at the time...no wonder they were so perfect! We made up a stone coloured high waist skirt with back box pleat and contrast black piping down the side - which tied up to the cap. And of course we had the seamed fishnet stocings to complete that look.



When we walked into the hanger where we were shooting there were these two old bombs there and I just knew what had to be done! We had to do something is that 40's cheese cake style...Everybody thought I was slightly MAD, but it looked super cool! It's a fun pic and very much in the Cheese cake photography style!

The Blue tiki dress that we used was one of my Miss Happ dresses that I currently have for sale in my shop, as well as the parasol which added perfectly to the scene.



I worked with a great team which is always a pleasure. We all did the photos as a way to promote our various businesses, and in my case my clothing and accessories - some of which are already for sale in my shop. This is what I am passionate about and I was in heaven!
Credit for the shoot are:

-Photograher: Lorna D
-Model : Elouise Kellerman 
-MUA & Hair : Chante le Suer Hagen 
-Styling: Mandy Miss Happ
-Wardrobe: Miss Happ Clothing & Accessories

And btw, all clothing & accessories (fly cap included) are by Miss Happ :) and are avail from my Etsy store, and I also have two fly caps at Wildfire (canal Walk).

Till next time!
Mx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Die Skatties get an Elizabeth Taylor Pin Up make over!

The relationship between mother and her daughter is so special. Celebrate this special relationship on The Skatties on VIA TV at 17:30 for...