Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fit for a rockin' cowboy!


It was my sister's baby shower two weeks ago already, and with everything going on I was still very determined to do something special for them...so with a bee in my bonnet, I worked like crazy the night before we had to move office and voila! I was soooo chuffed with the outcome!

All appliques were hand done, first cut out in felt, then hand stitched - the little onesies I had bought already so that helped. I added in some saddle stitch detail in contrasting colours to certain parts which looked pretty cool in the end. I also thought the added buttons for eyes on the skull came out well - I loved the crazy eye!
The finishing touch was from a client of mine who had come to collect an order from me (co-incidently the same night I was working late at the office!!). She gave me a little prezzie....so look out in the back next for my little "Love Miss Happ" signature, complete it's little hugs and kisses - and the cool part? It's actually in my own hand writing!
We all have our favourites, but I loooove the striped skully one bestest ;) I have already had friends asking about prices for their loved baba's...schew...watch this space!
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Die Skatties get an Elizabeth Taylor Pin Up make over!

The relationship between mother and her daughter is so special. Celebrate this special relationship on The Skatties on VIA TV at 17:30 for...